Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Update schmupdate

I'm not very good at keeping the writing aspect going but I promise I will try my hardest to. I am currently planning for my first ever lecture on British culture, what an intriguing and obviously well-thought out class topic! I have six 90 minute lectures to wow my undergraduate students on the British way of life... any suggestions? My introductory lecture as planned so far includes a fair few video clips, involving Only Fools and Horses, Extras, the Queen listening to the national anthem, Blackadder II with Queenie, and Twist and Pulse from Britain's Got Talent 2009. 

Apart from everyday teaching/planning life we have successfully installed our wireless interwebs, hurrah! And tomorrow is attempt II re. bicycles, so wish us luck. Tonight we are meeting the first ever group of Brits we have discovered in Nanjing so my British culture class is being researched very well. We are going for a very Chinese meal because you know, we're all sino-cised now (!). Actually I am officially legal as of later this afternoon when I will get my passport back from the PSB, complete with my resident permit...

No comments:

Post a Comment